|NPC Role||Harpy Leader|
How dare you! After all the things you've done, you dare to show me that symbol?!
The leader of the harpies which reside on Garpai Rock. An arrogant leader, she thinks highly of her kind and has her prejudices against the Trocks thinking of them as lowly. Originally a very aggressively defensive leader as harpy feather trade ran rampant in Sander's market, after regulations halted harpy feather trade, Kelaino tolerated humans with tense relations. However her animosity towards humans is easily reawakened when harpies began to appear dead and stripped of their fur and feathers.
Tensions with Sander
Before the agreement between humans and Harpies was passed three years ago banning the trade of Harpy feathers in Sander's markets. The Harpies were being brutally hunted for their high value feathers. This naturally enraged, the Harpy leader Kelaino and the other Harpies began to attack other humans and traders in the area. It was not until Emirate agreed to ban the trade of Harpy feathers did the Harpies and human coexist.
However, this coexistence was disrupted when Kelaino discovered a dead Harpy stripped of her feathers. Enraged at the sight, Kelaino lashed out at the humans in Sander. Sensing the darkness that was crawling towards the Wind El, Karis appeared and convinced Kelaino that the darkness was caused by the humans in Sander and the Caluso Tribal Village fighting over the Wind Priestess.
Chapter 14: The Secret Truth
In Barren Sander, she helped Karis kidnapped the Wind Priestess Anduran. While the Priestess and her guards were distracted by the demons, she swooped in and took the Priestess. Kelaino was convinced by Karis that the humans were fighting over the Wind Priestess and she kidnapped as an act of what she believed was protecting Anduran and preventing the El from being consumed by darkness.
The El Search Party aiming to rescue Anduran went to Garpai Rock, aiming to reason with Kelaino, they send her a Harpy feather hoping she would storm their way. Kelainio did speak with Emirate and Vapor, they tried to explain that they were not the ones who killed and stripped the Harpy of her feather but Kelaino refused to believe their story, enraged she sent her two minions Aello and Okypete to attack the messenger Emirate had sent to the Caluso Tribal Village. When Vapor sought direct audience with Kelaino once more Kelaino explained that a witch, Karis, had told her that the humans were warring against each other over the Priestess, and that their greed was corrupting the Wind El. Vapor and Elsword informed Kelaino about the recent demon invasions and that the witch was most likely the one who corrupted the Wind El. Kelaino felt deep anger in herself that she had been fooled by Karis. Vapor asked where she had taken the Priestess and Kelaino told her that Trocks alongside Karis had taken the Priestess away, to where she did not know.
Boss: Steel Wing Kelaino
Kelaino will appear in Garpai Rock as the dungeon's main boss.
- Scratch: She will super armor and fly upwards slightly before coming down to scratch at the player with her claws.
- Steel Dive Bomb: Kelaino will become invincible then launch upwards out of view. She will then perform a heavy dive attack on your location. If hit, the player will be launched away and knocked down.
- Retreat: She will fly into the background. She will summon 6 large spears across the length of the stage as well as generate a powerful tornado that will disable all player skills as well as the ability to jump and slowly push them outward from the center of the stage. After a set amount of time, the spears will fall and explode.
- When Kelaino uses this move the 3rd time, 7 spears will appear instead of 6, meaning one side will not have a safe zone.
- Sandstorm: She will super armor and spin to create four Cyclone(s) similar to that used by the Elemental Master. They will be spaced to both reach the players on the platforms as well as those on the ground behind her.
- Nine Impaling Blades: She will do a somersault in super armor then launch nine blades which will fall down from above in front of herself, one after another.
- Berserk: Usually when damaged to around 8 bars of health she will gain a pink aura and appears to become faster, more aggressive, and do 50% more damage. (The entirety of how this effects her is not yet known.)
- Wind Bombing: When at full MP this skill becomes available to her. In a similar style to Shelling Guardian's Carpet Bombing, she will fly across the stage twice, launching two orbs reminiscent in appearance to Super Nova each pass. Each bombing wave will strike 1\2 of the map. The direction of the first bombing wave is random, her second wave will always target the other half of the stage.
- It is possible to knock her out of the air during the animation.
- High resistance against all elements in general (roughly 250/500 against everything).
- She will always fly when her health is 7 bars (she is far more susceptible to hitstun lock).